We never claimed to have cornered the market on comedy. We just don’t know anybody who will do it as cheaply as us. But i f you have any original articles, stories, comics, or graphics that exceed our low expectations, and if you’re willing to give them up for a song, we’d be glad to steal review them. But we won’t even wipe our asses with them until you sign our submission agreement.
Moist was founded in 2006 by Glenn Herdling and Mike Lackey, two ex-comic book editors who have been friends since the third grade, and whose humor has never advanced beyond that.
Moistmag.com was launched in the same year bringing fresh, innovative, humorous prose, comics, and special interactive features to the online universe.
Although most of our content is generated internally, we are always looking for fresh voices. If you have content that you feel may be right for Moist then read the Submission Guidelines below. We will consider all formats.
If you have any original articles, stories, cartoons, comics, or graphics that live up to our fine tradition, then read on!
We receive a lot of submissions from Moist-Mates like you. Many of these submissions are similar or even identical to projects already developed or being developed by Moist or our employees, or submitted to Moist by other sources. Therefore, in order to avoid any possible misunderstandings, we first ask that you read this letter thoroughly, and if you agree to be bound by all the terms and conditions contained herein, sign it.
We cannot, and will not, consider or review the materials you have submitted unless you have signed this form:
By signing this form, (typing your name in the space that says "Name") you hereby acknowledge and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. You are submitting the following material to Moist for its review (herein after the "Material").
Title of Work:
Form of Material: (e.g. treatment, outline, script, novel, TV Series format, video, audio, comic, cartoon, graphic)
WGA and/ or copyright registration number (as applicable):
Brief description or summary of idea, theme or plot:
2. You represent and warrant that you are the author of the Material/ that you are the present and sole owner of all rights, titles, and interest in and to the Material, that it is original with you, that you have the full exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Material to Moist pursuant to the terms and conditions contained herein, that all of the important features of the Material are adequately summarized herein/and that no third party has any rights in or to the Material being submitted to Moist.
3. You hereby agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Moist, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands expenses, losses, or liabilities including, without limitation, reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages, that may be asserted against or incurred by Moist at any time in connection with the material, or any use thereof, including without limitation those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations, and promises provided by you in this agreement.
4. You agree that Moist may use, without any obligation whatsoever to you and without any payment to you, the Material, and any portions and elements thereof, which are not novel or original, which are not legally protected or protectable as literary property, or rights to which were legally derived or obtained from other sources such as third parties or the public domain.
5. Moist shall have no obligation to review or evaluate the Material, nor shall Moist be under any obligation whatsoever to you with respect to the Material, except as may later be set forth in a written agreement between you and Moist, signed by both parties. Moreover, you retain all rights to submit the Material to persons other than Moist unless and until you sign an acquisition agreement with Moist.
6. You realize that Moist has had, and will have access to and/or may independently create, or may have created, ideas similar and/or identical to the theme, plot, or other elements of Material, and you agree that you will not be entitled to any compensation by reason of the use by Moist of such similar or identical material.
7. You have retained at least one copy of the Material and, therefore, release Moist from any and all liability for loss or other damage to the copy of the Material submitted to Moist.
8. This agreement shall be governed by the laws of the state of New Jersey applicable to agreements executed and to be fully performed therein, without regard to the conflicts of law principles thereof.
9. Any dispute or controversy arising out of or related to this agreement, including the issue of whether the dispute itself is arbitrable, shall be resolved solely by mandatory, binding, final arbitration conducted by a sole retired judge or justice at JAMS/ Endispute pursuant to its then current rules. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including only costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys' fees. Under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
10. If any provision of this agreement is determined by any court or arbitrator of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal, or unenforceable in any respect, such provision will be enforced to the maximum extent possible given the intent of the parties hereto. If such clause or provision cannot be so enforced, such provision shall be stricken from this agreement and the remainder of this agreement shall be enforced as if such valid, illegal or unenforceable clause or provision had (to the extent not enforceable) never been contained in this agreement. You further acknowledge that Moist has no intent to compensate you in any way and that you have no expectation of any compensation.
11. This agreement contains the entire understanding between you and Moist, and there are no other agreements, understandings, representations, or warranties made by either of us, except as expressly contained herein. Moreover, this agreement, or any of the provisions contained herein, may not be waived, modified, or amended except by a writing signed by both of us.
12. Finally, you acknowledge that you have read and understand this agreement and that you had sufficient time and reasonable opportunity to consult with independent legal counsel prior to the execution of the agreement and that this agreement is executed voluntarily and without duress or any undue influence on the part of any other persons, firm, or entity.
AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED BY: (By typing your full legal name in the below box you have provided us with proof of signature and adhere to the submission agreement.)
Upload your text, image, video, audio, HTML, or graphic file from your computer here by clicking the browse button and finding the file on your computer:
Then click submit below. However if you have a link to a video, html page or file on another server, you can submit the link in the text box below.
OR cut and paste text submission, or additional information here and click submit:
Blue Ribbon Cow Pie.
During the photo shoot for our cover story, an Amish farmer was “udderly” astonished to see the photographer’s daughter pick up and relocate our fresh-from-the-oven turd. Get the recipe.